Help and Advice
Planting and growing
- 1. Start here - guide to planting fruit trees
- 2. How to support a newly-planted fruit tree
- 3. How to plant apple trees and other fruit trees
- 4. Pollination of apple trees and other fruit trees
- 5. Watering your fruit trees
Fruit tree advice
- 1. Apple trees for sweet cider and hard cider
- 2. Apples for cooking
- 3. Best time to buy and plant apple trees
- 4. Book reviews
- 5. Climate suitability of apple varieties
- 6. Find the position of the sun in your garden
- 7. Find your hardiness zone
- 8. Growing apple trees in pots and containers
- 9. Growing apple trees in the North American climate
- 10. Growing English Apples in North America
- 11. Heeling-in fruit trees
- 12. How to pollinate Bramley apple trees
- 13. Interstem rootstocks
- 14. Mature height of fruit trees
- 15. Minimum chill requirement for apple trees
- 16. Mychorrizal fungi for planting fruit trees
- 17. Picking times for apples and other fruit trees
- 18. Pruning a newly-planted fruit tree
- 19. Rootstocks - an introduction
- 20. Rootstocks for Apple Trees
- 21. Rootstocks for Cherry Trees
- 22. Rootstocks for Pear trees
- 23. Rootstocks for Plum trees
- 24. Storing and keeping apples
- 25. Training fruit trees as fans and espaliers
- 26. Triploid apple varieties
- 27. Why spring is the best time to plant bare-root fruit trees
Gardening and general interest
- 1. Apple trees for southern California
- 2. Apple rootstocks for historical English gardens
- 3. Cider apple varieties from England
- 4. Cider apple varieties from France
- 5. Delicious, Red Delicious, and Golden Delicious
- 6. Estimating the mature height of fruit trees
- 7. Fruit breeder profiles
- 8. Juicing apples - how to make your own apple cider
- 9. Plum tree species - an overview
- 10. RHS Award of Garden Merit - about the AGM award
- 11. The Flavor of Russet Apples
- 12. Transplanting semi-mature fruit trees
- 13. Vitamin C content of apples
- 1. Orange Pippin Ltd
- 2. About Orange Pippin Fruit Trees
- 3. Copyright statement
- 4. Fruit tree guarantee
- 5. Fruit tree sizes and formats
- 6. Ordering and Delivery of Fruit Trees
- 8. Shipping and Shipping Charges
- 9. Spring Shipping Dates by State
- 10. Terms and Conditions
List of self-fertile apple varieties
A selection of apple varieties we sell which are self-fertile or partially self-fertile.
List of disease-resistant apple varieties
Traditional apple varieties with good disease-resistance and modern disease-resistant varieties.
List of popular cooking apples
Apple varieties which have the acidity and textures needed for use in the kitchen.
List of apple tree varieties for making hard cider
Apple varieties including traditional hard cider and crab-apples which can be used for hard-cider.
Apple varieties which are good pollinators for other apples
Apples and crab-apples which produce widely-compatible or long-lasting pollen, useful for pollinating other apple varieties.
List of traditional French hard-cider apple varieties
Traditional French apple varieties used for making hard-cider.
List of traditional English hard-cider apple varieties
A selection of traditional cider apples used for hard-cider production in England.
List of apples varieties with exceptional flavors
These are the top-tasting apple varieties, a worthy addition to any home orchard.
List of the best apple trees for the beginner
Reliable apple varieties which are easy to grow, disease-resistant, good-cropping - ideal for the new apple grower.
List of the best apple varieties for juicing and pressing
All apples can be juiced, but if you want press your own apple cider these varieties offer the best quality color and flavor.
List of fireblight-resistant apple varieties
A selection of apple varieties that have very good or some resistance to fireblight. Be sure to ask us about fireblight-resistant rootstocks too.
RHS Award of Garden Merit varieties
Fruit tree varieties that hold (or have previously held) the prestigious Award of Garden Merit from the British Royal Horticultural Society. These are varieties that are rated by the RHS as excellent for all-round garden value (in UK conditions).