Korean Giant asian pear trees
Pyrus pyrifolia 'Korean Giant'
Korean Giant has potentially the largest fruits of any Asian pear variety.
Korean Giant asian pear trees for sale
Sorry we have not produced any trees of this variety this season.
As the name suggests, Korean Giant is one of the largest Asian pear varieties.
The fruits are the size of small melons, with a golden green russeted skin. The flesh is crisp and juicy, with the sugary sweetness which is characteristic of Asian pears.
Korean Giant ripens late in the season, and the fruits retain their crisp flesh and sweet flavor in storage.
How to grow
Korean Giant is more cold hardy than most other Asian pear varieties.
Advice on fruit tree pollination.
Korean Giant is also known as Olympic.
Korean Giant characteristics
- Gardening skillAverage
- Self-fertilityNot self-fertile
- Pollination group3
- Pollinating othersAverage
- Bearing regularityRegular
- Picking seasonLate
- UsesEating fresh
- Keeping (of fruit)3 months or more
- General resistanceAverage
- FireblightSome resistance
- Cold hardiness (USDA)(5) -20F / -29C
- Summer maximum temperaturesWarm (25-30C / 76-85F)
- Fruit colorGreen / YellowRusset
- Fruit sizeVery large