Enterprise apple tree
Enterprise is a modern American disease-resistant apple, good for eating fresh and cooking.
Enterprise apple trees for sale
1Small 1-year bare-root tree
Mature height: 6ft-9ft after 10 years
2Medium 1-year bare-root tree
Mature height: 8ft-12ft after 10 years
3Large 1-year bare-root tree
Mature height: 10ft-16ft after 10 years
You can pre-order now for shipping in the spring 2023 planting season.
Enterprise is a good modern disease-resistant apple, sweet enough for eating fresh but with a tartness that lends itself to cooking as well.
Like most disease-resistant apples, Enterprise has a complex parentage. Visually it resembles its grand-parent, McIntosh but the flavor is perhaps more similar to another relative, Rome Beauty. Golden Delicious is also part of the mix, and lends its excellent keeping qualities and crispness.
How to grow
Enterprise has quickly established itself as a good garden apple variety, with excellent resistance to scab, fireblight, and mildew.
Advice on fruit tree pollination.
Developed from a joint program between Purdue University, Rutgers University, and the University of Illinois, and introduced in 1994.
- Gardening skillBeginner
- Self-fertilityNot self-fertile
- Pollination group4
- Pollinating othersAverage
- Bearing regularityRegular
- Fruit bearingSpur-bearer
- WildlifeRHS Plants for Pollinators
- Picking seasonVery late
- UsesEating freshCulinary
- Keeping (of fruit)3 months or more
- Flavor style (apples)Sweet/Sharp
- General resistanceGood
- FireblightVery resistant
- ScabVery resistant
- Cedar apple rustSome resistance
- MildewSome resistance
- Cold hardiness (USDA)(4) -30F / -34C
- Summer maximum temperaturesCool ( 20-24C / 68-75F)Warm (25-30C / 76-85F)
- Country of originUnited States
- Period of origin1950 - 1999
- Fruit colorCrimson